Merge Conflict 76: We Can't Solve Everyone's Problem
December 18th, 2017
46 mins 4 secs
About this Episode
When having SQLite isn't enough for James he has to go and try to solve offline data caching again with Monkey Cache. We discuss why this open source library happened, where it is going, what are best practices for data caching, and so much more. We also follow up on Ooui's status and where Xamarin.Forms on the web is going as well as a bit of follow up on C# 7.1/7.2/8.
- Frank: Twitter, Blog, GitHub
- James: Twitter, Blog, GitHub
- Music : Amethyst Seer - Citrine by Adventureface
- Proudly recorded on Zencastr
- James Montemagno 🙈 on Twitter: "What library should I use for my Xamarin apps for caching web request data for like 24 hours? Minimal dependencies if possible no RX stuff!"
- akavache/Akavache: An asynchronous, persistent key-value store
- NuGet Gallery | MonkeyCache
- jamesmontemagno/monkey-cache: Monkeys in Barrels, the best way to cache data!
- Added an abstracted Monkey, an in-memory Monkey and an eating Monkey by dersia · Pull Request #1 · jamesmontemagno/monkey-cache
- Xamarin.Forms BugSweeper - Ooui Samples
- Premium Beard and Moustache Products by Can You Handlebar – Can You Handlebar Moustache and Beard Co.