It is 2018 and we are so over Linked Files, Portable Class Libraries, or Shared Projects cluttering up our libraries. In fact we only need ONE project to target every platform that .NET supports. It is time to multi-target the world! We take a look at this awesome new feature and tell you what it is all about and why you would want to use it. We also take a look at some of the gotchas right now to help you make the choice to make the big switch or not.
SUPPORT US ON PATREON: patreon.com/mergeconflictfm
- Frank: Twitter, Blog, GitHub
- James: Twitter, Blog, GitHub
- Merge Conflict: Twitter, Facebook, Website
- Music : Amethyst Seer - Citrine by Adventureface
- Proudly recorded on Zencastr
- Oren Novotny » Multi-targeting the world: a single project to rule them all
- Immo Landwerth on Twitter: "The one and only @JamesMontemagno was asking me whether I consider it to be bad to multi-target for .NET Framework and multiple .NET Standard versions. https://t.co/4NqUrghHpy"
- Additions to the csproj format for .NET Core | Microsoft Docs
- jamesmontemagno/monkey-cache: Easily cache any data structure for a specific amount of time in any .NET application.
- .NET Standard | Microsoft Docs
- Get NuGet Package Explorer - Microsoft Store